The mission of National Paralegal College is to provide quality Internet-based education and training to individuals seeking to develop careers as paralegals or as other legal professionals. NPC seeks to provide its students with the knowledge and skills that are necessary to succeed by delivering high-quality instruction in an interactive learning environment that is conducive to student achievement and growth.
If you are interested in one of our
master's degree programs,
please see the
our graduate division, National Juris University.
The goals of National Paralegal College are:
- To provide students with a rigorous academic foundation as well as the career-oriented skills necessary to succeed in the paralegal workplace.
- To use technology in order to bring the interactivity of the brick-and-mortar school experience into the student's home or office.
- To create a collaborative online learning environment by encouraging class and message board participation by students and staff so that students can learn from each other as well as from faculty members.
- To give individual attention and instruction to each NPC student through the diligent efforts of involved and interested professors, teacher's assistants and student mentors.
- To encourage student learning in legal subjects by dynamic instruction that piques student interest in the subject matter.
- To prepare NPC students with the skills necessary to work as paralegals and legal assistants in any field of law in a law firm or corporate law department.
- To provide effective placement assistant services so that students can secure satisfying jobs in which they can make full use of their NPC education.
- To enable students to read, understand and interpret legal materials such as cases, statues, and other legal sources in a wide variety of contexts.
- To teach NPC students to find relevant legal materials, including statutes, cases and secondary sources that are necessary to effectively conduct legal research.
- To train NPC students to appropriately apply case law to the facts of hypothetical situations as they are likely to arise during the student's work as a legal professional.
- To ensure that NPC students are acutely aware of their ethical responsibilities as legal professionals, including their responsibilities, as paralegals and legal assistants, to avoid the unauthorized practice of law in their work environment.
- To expose all NPC students to the core legal subjects upon which many different fields of law are based.
- To allow students the opportunity to learn a variety of specialty and advanced legal skills that correspond to their particular interests and career plans.
- To provide degree students with a well-rounded education by supplementing their legal education with courses in other fields such as business and the liberal arts.
National Paralegal College offers programs leading to:
All programs consist of highly interactive structured courses.
The faculty is comprised of dynamic attorneys who bring the real-world law firm experience directly to you.
Mark Geller, the director of National Paralegal College, has developed a unique and comprehensive study program to meet the needs of today's paralegals. He has over 20 years of experience in training attorneys, paralegals and law firm personnel.
NPC team of professionals
includes attorneys who have practiced law in the United States and abroad, computer professionals, and support personnel who have intimate knowledge of the day-to-day problems that challenge a busy law office.
Student Mentor Program
National Paralegal College employs a staff of student mentors to help guide new students through the study and work process. Newly enrolled students are assigned a personal mentor who will help them get acclimated to the school and give them specific study suggestions, and can also review and give feedback on early assignment submissions before they are submitted for grading. All NPC student mentors are graduates of NPC, so they know the "ropes" and what it feels like to be a new student. This is in addition to the availability of all faculty members for advice, encouragement and feedback. At NPC, you are
in your education.
Live, Interactive Classrooms
National Paralegal College is a pioneer of interactive online distance paralegal education, and has fully interactive lectures given by experienced attorneys.
The interactive lecture brings the standard classroom experience into the privacy, comfort, and convenience of a student's home.
Instructors are able draw illustrations, highlight, and mark up exhibits for all students to see, as the lecture takes place on the electronic whiteboard.
- Lectures include analysis and discussion of legal concepts and how they apply to current legal and social issues.
All lectures are fully recorded in audio/video format. Students can view the lectures at any time at their own convenience. Attendance during lectures is
mandatory. The only advantage to attending the lectures live as opposed to watching the recordings is the ability to ask the instructor questions during the lecture. The choice is yours!
Additionally, comprehensive message boards are populated by faculty and staff with legal research, course assignments, industry news and trends, the job market and much more.
Legal Research Training
LexisNexis is the leading completely online legal research tool in the country.
All students at National Paralegal College receive access to the
LexisNexis Total Research System
and are trained in its use. Students complete extensive research assignments using LexisNexis during the course of their studies and become proficient users of this important legal research tool.
For many of the legal courses, National Paralegal College has written its own custom courseware material, which:
- Is straightforward and easy to understand, making learning easy, efficient and interesting.
- Heavily emphasizes the "learning by example" method, which greatly facilitates learning.
- Includes thousands of self testing questions with detailed explanations.
- Includes full text of thousands of integrated statutes and cases that are relevant to the materials being covered.
- Includes legal documents along with multimedia explanations and instructions which teach the student the practical skills needed to work in the legal profession.
- Presents all course materials in screen, printout and audio modes so students can study in the manner that is most effective for them.
NPC faculty review each course before it is given and revise it to ensure that it reflects the latest changes to the law and industry trends.
NPC uses the
system for exam security. Voice Proctor uses voice biometrics to ensure that the person taking the exam is the student who has registered for the course. This system protects NPC's academic integrity while allowing students to take exams at the time and location of their convenience, without being in front of a camera.
NPC is proud to be an institutional subscriber to the Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction ("CALI") online legal lesson database. Our students have access to the full array of hundreds of lessons across many areas of law. Enrolled NPC students should
contact Stephen Haas
for information on accessing this lesson database.
accredited by the
Distance Education and Training Council.
a member of
the largest paralegal professional organization in the U.S.
an associate member of
an organization dedicated to maintaining high standards for paralegal education.