PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
This course is a part of:
Associate's Degree Program
Bachelor's Degree Program
This introductory course will examine fundamental principles, problems and practices of marketing. The goal of the course is to provide the student with a foundation of marketing principles including product, price, placement and promotion. The course will also emphasize the functions of marketing as they relate to the production and distribution of goods and services that are ultimately purchased by the consumer.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this course, the student will have acquired the ability to:
- Describe the importance of managing profitable customer relationships.
- Identify steps that will be important in partnering to build customer relationships.
- Apply skills involved in managing marketing relationships.
- Read and interpret trends in consumer and business buying behavior from given statistics.
- Define segmentation, targeting, and positioning and explain their importance in marketing.
- Develop product, services and branding strategy.
- Determine the relevant factors that must be taken into account during new product development.
- Identify pricing considerations and strategies that are important in marketing products.
- Determine which marketing channels are likely to be effective in marketing a given product in a given scenario.
- Delineate key aspects of advertising, sales promotion and public relations management.
- Describe key features that exist in marketing over the Internet and define key differences between marketing over the Internet and marketing through other media.