IDEAS IN MATH
This course is a part of:
Associate's Degree Program
Bachelor's Degree Program
This course covers a variety of basic mathematical skills relevant to business operations and business transactions. The course covers basic math skills and then segues to mathematical concepts relevant to banking, business operations, buying and selling, interest rates, loans and taxation. This is a streamlined course meant to expose students to the basic math skills needed by most business and legal professionals.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply basic math concepts to banking and payroll services.
- Calculate the commonly used mathematical concepts relevant to buying and selling goods and services.
- Determine interest rates, payments and other factors relevant to loans and accounts where interest is paid or charged.
- Apply valuation methods for stocks and bonds.
- Apply mathematical concepts to business, personal and real estate loans.
- Calculate taxes and tax rates in various contexts.