We are now accepting applications for the
preparing students to sit for the
2023-24 Winter and 2024 Spring exam windows.
Our courses are 100% online and you can complete them at your own pace.
Earn SHRM Certification to Advance Your Career in Human Resources Management
National Paralegal College has partnered with SHRM to offer a SHRM exam preparation course that will enable you to establish yourself as a globally–recognized human resource expert by earning the standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers your advanced professional development.
This course combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge, and stay on track for success on the exam.
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field and a valuable asset to your organization – keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy.
This distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, highlighting your high level of knowledge and skills.
The NPC SHRM course will prepare you for either the SHRM-CP exam or the SHRM-SCP exam. The SHRM-CP certification is intended for individuals that perform general HR/HR-related duties; or for currently enrolled students and individuals pursuing a career in Human Resource Management. The SHRM-SCP certification is for individuals that have a work history of at least 3 years performing strategic level HR/HR-related duties; or for SHRM-CP credential holders who have held the credential for at least 3 years and are working in, or are in the process of transitioning to, a strategic level role. The SHRM-SCP exam is more challenging and requires more experience but leads to an even more impressive credential.
While this course and exam are recommended in particular for students who have graduated from NPC with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration degree with a concentration in Human Resources Management, this course is open to all students and HR professionals, whether you have studied at NPC or not.
- "Thank you so much Jeremy, you rock!" – Grace, 2018 NPC SHRM student
- "You are FABULOUS! Thank you so much!!!" – Sabrina, 2017 NPC SHRM student
- "I'm really enjoying the lectures and all of the online study tools" – Trevida, 2017 NPC SHRM Student
NPC SHRM Certified Professional course
(HRM-401) is offered twice per year, beginning each September and April.
All students who complete the practice tests and earn an 80% or better on the Post-Test will earn a SHRM Certificate of Achievement, regardless of how they ultimately perform on the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exams.
The cost of this course is $1,000, which includes access to the SHRM Learning System®, study materials, flash cards, and hundreds of practice questions (there may be an additional charge for shipping textbooks internationally). The SHRM-assessed fee for taking the examination is not included.
NPC students and alumni are eligible for up to a 50% discount when they register for this course!
Reasons to take the NPC SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Exam Preparation Course:
|Benefits To You
||Benefits To Your Employer
You'll benefit from:
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement.
Earning up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
Certification benefits your entire organization:
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the global SHRM BoCK™.
Eligibility Requirements for Certification:
Eligibility requirements for the
credential changed at the beginning of 2022 and now only require a student to be actively enrolled in a degree program.
Students seeking to earn the
credential must meet certain criteria to apply. The SHRM-SCP certification is for individuals that have a work history of at least 3 years performing strategic level HR/HR-related duties; or for SHRM-CP credential holders who have held the credential for at least 3 years and are working in, or are in the process of transitioning to, a strategic level role. Candidates for the SHRM-SCP certification are not required to hold an HR title and do not need a degree to apply.
For more information on the SHRM exam, preparation, etc, please see: